ANTI VIRUS AND FIREWALL WILL NOT UPDATE

Star Lord 18:20 08 Feb 2009

I seem to have a problem with updating software. I have tried several things but none seem to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the products stated below but still nothing

Firstly I have Avira Premier Security Suite v8.2.0.251 (this is not the free one) this will not update. It keeps saying Internet Connection Failed

I am using a Comodo Firewall v3.5.57173.493, this will also not update. I get a 106 error message advising me that it could not connect to the internet. However my internet connection is FINE and Firewall is set to alowe the products internet access.

I can’t seem to launch Spy bot Search and Destroy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.

I downloaded Mailwarebytes anti mailware and installed it. I ran it and fixed the problem or so I thought, as the updates will still not work, The Mailwarebytes anti mailware also will not update. It say UPDATE FAILED make sure you have connecting (well some crap like that)

I also don’t seem to get anymore windows updates lately. I sure it is a virus of some sort on my PC as when I browse the internet. I am redirected for some of the links. poss a DNS hacker of some sort.

I’m not sure what more I can do and would greatly appreciate if any one can help.

PS. my pc now keeps crashing.I can post the log of the mailwarebytes if you want a look. It would not let me do it in this post as I went over the 4500 character limit.

brundle 18:22 08 Feb 2009

Sounds more like you need a HijackThis log click here and a malware forum; click here

brundle 18:23 08 Feb 2009

Sorry, first link doesn't work anymore, try this one instead; click here

User-1229748 18:33 08 Feb 2009

if you've been using the avira security suite and comodo you are using two firewalls which is not recommended :o(

brundle 18:35 08 Feb 2009

Good point...I missed that entirely...

Star Lord 18:39 08 Feb 2009

How do I check that the Avira is running a firewall so I can disable it. Im sure when I installed Avira I asked for to have the firewall diabled as I wanted to use comodo

User-1229748 18:45 08 Feb 2009

what operating system are you using? have you got security center in control panel? if so look at the firewall and it will tell you what firewalls are running

Star Lord 18:48 08 Feb 2009

xp service pack 2, i'm control panel, just looking for the security center, will update you when i find it

User-1229748 18:54 08 Feb 2009

i don't use xp but it should be thereclick here

Star Lord 18:59 08 Feb 2009

sorry no security center icon showing, have also gone it to classic view. is there another way I could look for it

birdface 19:20 08 Feb 2009

Sounds like this may be your problem.
click here

Maybe try this free for 30 days but will remove anything it finds .

click here if you don't want it when your 30 days are up you can remove it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?