Anti-Virus & Firewall Reviews (Web Sites)

Danoh 12:30 13 Jan 2006

A perannual question with many opinions based on solid personal experiences, are aired eloquently on this forum.

However, it would be helpful if folks could respond with the URLS of web sites where comparisions based on tests are published.

As well as a summary of what they found good about the reviews and basis of the tests?

I have tended to stick with the same product which has served me well. But would like to be a bit more adventurous and try a new product out, now that my subscription will run out in 7 days time.

Thanks in anticipation of relevant postings which will be much appreciated.

Danoh 12:33 13 Jan 2006

perennial question

comparisons

rômanab 15:19 13 Jan 2006

Click on "scanner test July 2004" then on number 2 "executive summary"

It's a little old but proper AV tests are few and far between.

click here

rawprawn 15:24 13 Jan 2006

Thanks for that, I see that F Secure that Barclays are offering at a discounted price to customers came out very well.

rômanab 16:12 13 Jan 2006

I chose F-secure myself after reading previous test summaries as it does appear to be a top performer, although this should be no surprise as they use three different scanning engines, one of which is Kaspersky's AVP.

Danoh 16:38 13 Jan 2006

Great site! And what heavyweight "Exec Summary" :-)

Wonder if any more folks would care to post other sites up?

ade.h 18:00 13 Jan 2006

I think there are some links and articles on Secunia click here

Belatucadrus 19:09 13 Jan 2006
  ade.h 19:32 13 Jan 2006

I'd forgotten about the PC Pro group tests. Well remembered!

rômanab 20:03 13 Jan 2006

The first two do not give comparative results other than pass or fail (well if they're there, I can't see them)and nearly all seem to pass.

The PCPro reviews are a completely different animal to the Hamburg tests which are based purely on detection rates and do not award points for ease of use etc.

bluto1 20:39 13 Jan 2006

Danoh,
This is a really good post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?