Anti virus conflict pc cillin and spybot

eddiejackr 13:39 02 Nov 2006

My AV software (PC Cillin) is only working intermittantly and I get an error message - the feature is still loading, please wait. Another time it just works fine. PCcillin online help told me that this is a conflict with Spybot - but I've been using both for ages without problems. Does anyone have a view on this?

Online help said uninstall spybot and pccillin and reinstall only pccillin. OK...but how do I copy my exception lists - I can't seem to find a way to do this? Surely i don't have to re enter them all manually?

sean-278262 14:29 02 Nov 2006

click here

Get AVG free. Their advice is extremely bad considering they are asking you to remove the antispyware app. The reason you have it is for protection. AVG is my favourite AV.

eddiejackr 17:18 24 Nov 2006

looked at AVG - but seemed that only the anti virus bit is free - i would then presumably have to have seperate software for firewall / spy/malware detection and all the other bits and peices that come with a paid for package?
I've removed spybot and re-installed pccillin - my exception listes were still there - which doesn't make uninstall seem very thorough - but original problem persists.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 24 Nov 2006

Free good non conflicting protection:

Anti virus
Avast4 click here

Firewall
ZoneAlarm click here

Antispyware
Windows defender as real time protection from the MS update site.
Spywareblaster as a blocker click here
Adaware click here or
Spybot S&D click here as a back up scanner

the folowing are useful as well
Crap Cleaner click here to clear ut temporary files after surfing.

RegscrubXP click here to safely clean the registry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?