anti virus advice please

richard richard 08:34 26 May 2008

Hope someone could help me,when it comes to the pc game im a idiot,totally foreign to me,bought my pc this time last year for first time,i downloaded the avg free anti virus,no problems,its great but i have been told soon i will have to pay,is this true or have i misunderstood,thanks for reading.

Technotiger 08:40 26 May 2008

Not true - You can download the Free AVG here click here

Technotiger 08:42 26 May 2008

PS - it is the one on the left of the page - click on Get it Now.

richard richard 10:42 26 May 2008

thanks for the reply,well i allready have the avg anti virus,i have had it one year for free,but i have heard that was like a one year trial and soon i have to pay or its stopped,is this true?,thanks

mfletch 12:28 26 May 2008

Was it AVG pro you had free for one year if so just replace it with AVG8 FREE Version,

mfletch

Horik 12:35 26 May 2008

AVG 7.5 was the old free version. This is due to be replaced soon by AVG 8 which will also have a free version.

Follow technotiger's link and instructions to get it and replace your old version of AVG free.

richard richard 13:45 26 May 2008

cheers to you all for your advice,i have one last question someone could answer,can i replace the old version which the new one even though my excisting old one is still running or do i have to wait for it to finish,i told you all im a idiot to computers ha ha

mfletch 13:49 26 May 2008

You can replace the old one it does not matter that it is still in date

Horik 13:53 26 May 2008

When you download and run AVG 8 it will automatically take AVG 7 off your pc, so no worries there :o)

richard richard 13:58 26 May 2008

thanks to you both,i appreciate it alot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?