anti-virus

timmyd123 23:32 28 May 2007

is it good for your p.c to have more then one anti-virus download

Totally-braindead 23:34 28 May 2007

No its computer suicide.

More than one anti virus will conflict with the others and will stop any of them from working properly. If you have more than one then choose the one you like and get rid of the others

timmyd123 23:37 28 May 2007

which do u think is the best one out there that is free which have you got

Totally-braindead 23:41 28 May 2007

AVG free.

Theres also AVAST, nothing wrong with AVAST its just I tried AVG first, liked it and stuck with it.

If you have more than one anti virus on your computer now stop using your PC, pick one and get rid of the others, fully update it and do a full scan as there could be all sorts of things wrong and you don't know it.

One antivirus program.
One firewall.
As many antispyware as you like. Two is recommended but you can have more. Don't see the point myself two is fine.

malcky66 23:46 28 May 2007

There are a lot of choices out there;but try AVG anti virus-it's free!

timmyd123 23:51 28 May 2007

ive gt windows live one care avg anti spyware and spy ware terminator and avg antivirus wat shall i delete

Totally-braindead 23:53 28 May 2007

AVG free has kept me virus free for nearly 3 years now, it also doesn't use a lot of resources which means it doesn't slow your PC down as much as some others, very useful if its an older PC.

You can try both if you like. Download them both but only install one of them at a time, try AVAST see if you like it, then delete it and install AVG and see what you prefer but do not install both and have them running at the same time.

One and only antivirus program can run at the same time.

timmyd123 23:54 28 May 2007

shall i delete windows live one care

timmyd123 23:55 28 May 2007

oh and ive gt ccleaner

Totally-braindead 23:55 28 May 2007

You need to get rid of either AVG or windows one care. I think the one care thing is paid for isn't it, if so and you haven't paid for it yet then delete it and use AVG or if you really like live care, pay the fee and delete AVG free.
The other programs are fine and can be left.

timmyd123 00:10 29 May 2007

ive got rid of window live one care now i need to download avg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?