ANTI-SPYWARE SCANNER

Drusen 20:48 12 Mar 2007

I've just discovered that my AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 scanner is due to shut down in 3 days.

Does anyone know of a free spyware scanner that isn't limited by a trial period?

Thanks.

SANTOS7 20:54 12 Mar 2007

click here

You sure about that..

rick808 20:54 12 Mar 2007

All that you will lose is the real-time protection and auto-updates.It will still function as a manual scanner and you can still update it. If you want real-time protection download Microsoft Defender.

SANTOS7 20:56 12 Mar 2007

If its the commercial version It doesn't exactly shut down it just deactivates some of the extensions..

Watchful 20:59 12 Mar 2007

If you really do want to change, try this one: click here It's well recommended.

VoG II 21:08 12 Mar 2007

Not sure that Avast is a good alternative to a spyware scanner but what about click here

Watchful 21:11 12 Mar 2007

Oops! you're correct of course. I mistakenly thought it was an antivirus scanner that was needed.

Drusen 21:34 12 Mar 2007

It looks as though Avast might have a spyware scanner:

"Web Shield is a unique feature of avast! that enables it to monitor and filter all HTTP traffic coming from the Web sites on the Internet. Since an increasing number of viruses (and other malware, such as adware, spyware and dialers) are being distributed via the World Wide Web, the need for an effective countermeasures has also increased."

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Totally-braindead 22:25 12 Mar 2007

Drusen I have the AVG antispyware and yes it does deactivate some of the features after the time limit is passed but its still worth keeping.
Regarding free ones I've heard good things about SpywareBlaster but haven't used it myself.

RobCharles1981 00:33 13 Mar 2007

spywareterminator gets my vote big time:

click here

Watchful 07:24 13 Mar 2007

Yes, the Webshield feature is a recent addition but myself I use Spywareblaster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?