anti spyware for avg 9

the blade master 12:43 15 Feb 2010

hi guys
now using avg 9 found out avg 9 was turning off windows defender because of possible conflics with defender anti spyware and the anti spyware package in avg 9 now is there an anti spyware program compatible with avg 9 i can use as an extra to avg9 without conflics.
thanks mick

birdface 13:12 15 Feb 2010

Download both Superantispyware and Malwarebytes both are free and that should do you.

john bunyan 15:30 15 Feb 2010

Only have one anti virus. I agree with buteman re the other two anti malware programmes.When I switched to W7, some found problems with AVG 9. but if it works for you it is a fine anti virus programme as it auto checks e Mails. I now use Avira (free) and others swear bt MS Security Essentials. Anyway do not have more than one antivirus running at once, but anti malware is fine.

the blade master 15:11 16 Feb 2010

thanks for the help guys ive been using avg for a lot of years now and like the system its that i wanted a anti spyware/malware program as a backup to avg9 once again thanks for the advice.
regards mick

the blade master 15:21 16 Feb 2010

sorry guys forgot to mention o.s. is windows 7

john bunyan 14:23 17 Feb 2010

I had both Superantispyware and Malwarebytes and mu os is W7 64 bit. Although it seemed to work ok, SAS produced errors in my event viewer. Malawarebites is fine. I am recearching if SAS is ok before reinstalling it, as it is a good programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017