Anti Spyware

Angry Kid 19:03 17 Nov 2007

Good evening all,

I have the following applications installed on my pc and I'm wanting to narrow them down a bit.

A2
Spybot Search & Destroy
Super Anti Spyware
AdAware
Spyware Terminator
Comodo BHO Clean

Which ones should I keep to maintain good protection?

I am using a firewall and antivirus.

I llok forward to hearing from you all as always.

Thanks

Angry ;)

cocteau48 19:24 17 Nov 2007

Why narrow them down - keep them all.
I have all except BHO Clean ,which I did try but decided to ditch because - well it's so long ago I can't honestly remember - it was either being over intrusive or producing too many false positives.
As for the rest keep them.

VoG II 19:30 17 Nov 2007

I agree with Cocteau48. I don't have Comodo BHO Clean either - I use BHODemon which is unobtrusive and mostly just sits quietly in the Notification Area click here

rdave13 19:38 17 Nov 2007

I'd keep them all except BHO. I'd also add another to my arsenal, the free AVG antispyware. Manual scans are handy once in a while and if they are not using resources then why not keep them.

rawprawn 19:50 17 Nov 2007

I think most of us tend to use overkill to no great advantage, and I would suggest Spybot and Adaware would do the job. If at any time there is a problem that cannot be solved by either of these, then the others are always on tap as an alternative.

VoG II 19:51 17 Nov 2007

You should consider adding SpywareBlaster click here

You don't scan with it and it doesn't need to run in the background - see click here

rawprawn 19:52 17 Nov 2007

I forgot to mention that the one I would always have is Spywareblaster, I forgot to mention it simply because it is so unobtrusive!!

rawprawn 19:52 17 Nov 2007

Snap!

cocteau48 20:11 17 Nov 2007

rawprawn
VoG™

Full House!

[email protected] 20:35 17 Nov 2007

one more for spyware blaster!

bluto1 20:54 17 Nov 2007

Don't you feel the need for a Registry Cleaner?I know what Comodo is but not BHO Clean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?