anti-spyware

crespo 01:24 27 Feb 2006

Hi! This is Crespo calling! Need some advice re: anti-spyware. I've installed Microsoft Antispyware, Spybot Search & Destroy, AdAware & the trial version of Ewido. Is this enough or do i need more protection? I've read about SpyCatcherExpress & SpywareBlaster & A-squared. Do i need any of these, them all or none? Can anyone recommend the above 3 or any others i've missed? How many programmes are enough for really good protection as i do a fair bit of research on the net? As always,any help from anyone out there will be v.v. appreciated. Cheers! C.

Devil Fish 01:47 27 Feb 2006

you have a good selection there and they should be more than adequate to cover most eventualities

spycatcher express is good but a little agressive i have also experienced problems running legitimate programs with it installed

NewRoyWidd 02:13 27 Feb 2006

Hello crespo;I use A-squared,also Adaware,and find the more than adequate,providing you laod the latest updates.If you get problems,post back and I'm sure others better qualified than I will help you.

rawprawn 08:18 27 Feb 2006

Microsoft Antipuware has been replaced by Windows Defender. Uninstall MS Antispyware then download and install Windows Defender beta 2
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?