Anti spam

greywwolf 20:12 23 Jan 2004

A friend is suffering from excessive spam.Can
anyone recommend any good anti-spam freeware?
I must stress it has to be freeware. He is such
a tight sod!
Regards Greywolf

VoG II 20:13 23 Jan 2004
  Belatucadrus 20:20 23 Jan 2004
  spuds 00:17 24 Jan 2004

If you do a Google search, it will bring up many other programmes, for you to choose and perhaps try.

Andsome 09:01 24 Jan 2004

I have always found Mailwasher to be an excellent program. The point is that you don't want a program which will decide for itself, it may make mistakes, so with Mailwasher you look at the e-mails on the server, and delete those that you don't want, and then you won't download viruses. The problem is that this takes time, and I finally got fed up when I started to get over a hundred such messages each day. These message are usually created by auto diallers. My e-mail address was one that made sense, 'keith.jones5', so I finally contacted my ISP, and changed to an address which is gobbledy gook, the result is not one spam message in the last three months or so.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:47 24 Jan 2004

I know your friend is tight but if spam is causing him soooo much angst he will not mind spending $29 on Inboxer. This has to be one of the fastest, most intuitive and easy-peasey to use mail screeners that I have ever seen......for a review click here and the programme..click here

G

greywwolf 18:05 24 Jan 2004

Thanks folks. I will pass on your advice when
I see him tonight.
Best regards to you all,
Greywolf

G&T 15:12 25 Jan 2004

Again, not free but having tried almost all the only one which I have found to satisfy me completely is at click here a free trial version is available and you friend can try it with the others.

G&T 17:00 25 Jan 2004

Here's the correct one click here

G&T 17:02 25 Jan 2004

Sorry, I'm loosing my marbles. Third time lucky click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017