Antec fusion case

stannerz 20:34 29 Oct 2007

I have recently purchased an Antec Fusion case and buitl a media centre PC, I have two wires left over which I think connect the front display to the motherboard but cant seem to find where to connect them to.

The two wires are GND and M/B power.

Any suggestion greatly recieved.

DieSse 20:50 29 Oct 2007

From the FAQs on the Antec site click here - is this it?

My Fusion has a 4-pin Molex power connector with blue and white wiring. What's that?

That is the front Power LED connector. Please connect it if you wish the blue LED indicator to light when the power is on. And please note that instruction 3 of "Connecting the Power and LED" on page 2 of the Fusion manual has been superseded.

stannerz 22:13 29 Oct 2007

I have connected the power molex blue and white cables you refer to however Ihave two other single wires with M/B power and GND marked on them now these must support the VFD as it does not work at the moment and after installing the software the device is still not connected. the blue led for the power and the hdd work fine its the VFD I refer to.

DieSse 01:06 30 Oct 2007

From the Antec FAQs

"The VFD receives power from two sources: from the main power rails through the 4-pin Molex connector, and from the 5 Volt standby circuitry (which is always on while the power supply is plugged in) through the USB bus."

This is the pdf for installation click here - it shows a cable for the VFD

Sorry but I can't really help more than that, having never seen one.

aquatarkus 07:48 30 Oct 2007

go here click here very helpful site and loads of info for setting up a HTPC
one word of warning though the VFD in the antec case uses a propietry driver written by Soundgraph (the makers of the VFD)specially for antec its terrible and very buggy why antec decided to do this is anyones guess but if you follow the advice from the link you'll get the VFD working occassionaly.
I gave up wtith the VFD in the Antec in the end shame really as its a lovelly case and am getting one of the silverstone or Thermaltake htpc cases.
if you need any other info about building your htpc you can speak to me on the froum i'v just linked to.

Regards

Keith.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?