anri virus insatll problem

kmspaint 06:28 02 Jul 2007

When I log on I get a message saying my anti virus program will not work in safe mode the problem is I'm not in sage mode at the time. I have logged in and out of sage mode but I still get the same message. I have also done a system restore two or three times with no luck.

Any suggestions how to fix the problem

Thank you

skidzy 06:37 02 Jul 2007

We really need to know the av in question ?

Or just try an uninstall and reinstall.

But like ive said we really need to know as there are removal tools for some av's.

kmspaint 08:23 03 Jul 2007

The anti virus is iolo part of my system mechanic program. All other parts of the program firewall, spyware, system check are all working it is just the anti virus that won't work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program both in regular mode as well as safe mode. Also I did a registry check to make sure that there was no anti virus files lest in my system that might affect the iolo anti virus, no luck there either. I tried again tonight and got the same message that iolo anti virus will not work in safe mode.

TYhanks for any help

kmspaint 08:23 03 Jul 2007

The anti virus is iolo part of my system mechanic program. All other parts of the program firewall, spyware, system check are all working it is just the anti virus that won't work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program both in regular mode as well as safe mode. Also I did a registry check to make sure that there was no anti virus files lest in my system that might affect the iolo anti virus, no luck there either. I tried again tonight and got the same message that iolo anti virus will not work in safe mode.

TYhanks for any help

Technotiger 08:30 03 Jul 2007

Hi, run CCleaner click here in its default mode, ie, just as it opens without any setting changes.

Then see if you can uninstall iolo (one I've never heard of) and instead install AVG Free click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?