Another Word 2002 problem

wetterfugal? 18:30 26 Jun 2003

I wish to place a watermark on a Word document unfortunately I can't get futher than this "On the Format menu, point to Background, and then click Printed Watermark. (from Office Assistant)
" I can't find "Background" nor is it listed in options>customise>commands

Megatyte 19:00 26 Jun 2003

To print a watermark, you must insert it into a header or footer. The watermark is printed wherever you place it on the page ? it doesn't have to be confined to the area at the top or bottom of the page.

On the View menu, click Header and Footer.

On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Show/Hide

Insert a graphic ? a drawing object such as an AutoShape, clip art, WordArt, or picture ? or insert a text box.

AH

wetterfugal? 19:16 26 Jun 2003

Thanks for that, I saw that as a tip in this months Computor Active and I thoight it was for a specific version of Word the atical also said that the help menu would direct me and using this method it directed me to "backround on the format menu. This is the full instructions given which I can't access for some reason.

On the Format menu, point to Background, and then click Printed Watermark.
Do one of the following:
To insert a picture as a watermark, click Picture Watermark, and then click Select Picture. Select the picture you want, and then click Insert.

To insert a text watermark, click Text Watermark, and then select or enter the text that you want.

Select any additional options that you want, and then click Apply.
For Help on an option, click the question mark , and then click the option.

"To view a watermark as it will appear on the printed page, use print layout view.
Tip

If you want to use an object, such as an AutoShape, as a watermark, you can manually paste or insert it into the document header. You cannot use the Printed Watermark dialog box to control these settings.

Note If you want to add a theme, which includes document backgrounds, design elements, and color schemes, use the Themes command on the Format menu".

I shall try as you suggest and use the header, Regards, VA

Stealth_Mode 22:25 26 Jun 2003

If you go to Format, then click the double arrow at the bottom you should see the Printed Watermark option. In Word 2002 you can do this without being in a header or footer; it was different in earlier versions of Word.

BRYNIT 22:44 26 Jun 2003

If you still can not see Background after following Stealth_Mode instructions. Click on format press shift/K this will open background then go down to printed watermark or press shift/W.

wetterfugal? 00:30 27 Jun 2003

My mistake, I did not notice the extension to the format menu, all is well now but I was hoping to put "copywrite" in. I can use megabyte's method using the header and footer but I have not found out how to rotate it. your method is diagonal but I can't see a way to edit the text.

Perhaps I could incorporate it in a bitmap and rotate it 45 degrees then import it into Word.

I shall consider this resolved but lookout for any replies on editing or rotating.

Regards VA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone