I don't know if anybody here can help me, but I'm at the end of my tether with this problem. I am new to visual basic and have wrote a program for my son's pre-school, for them to manage there students and fees. It uses an Access mdb file hold the database which the program access in a variety of ways. I have made the exe file and then packaged and deployed it. The program runs fine on my PC (with VB installed) but when installed on the computer at the preschool it comes up with an error box (Class not registered. looking for object with CLSID etc) I have searched the web for answers but I seem to have done everything correctly. The program also works on another computer with VB installed. I do not want to install VB on the pre-school computer as it is from the Ark. The program also fails to run on the computer at work which is modern, runs XP and has Microsoft office installed (Access included)
The versions of Access are the same on this computer and the work computer. Also I have tried unistalling VB from this machine and the program then comes up with the same problem. On re-installing VB it works again. I don't think the version of Access matter as it is the VB program that is accessing it not Access itself.