another quickie

rob3600 22:49 27 Aug 2009

A friend of my wife is having someone to stay and whats to bring their laptop to access the wireless internet. I have told my wife that her frined would have to give her friend her password etc to get access to the router, is this correct? I am assuming she does have a secure network.

Covergirl 22:55 27 Aug 2009

Had both brothers in law around my house (at different times). On their laptops I used Connect To, found the network and put in the password it was set up with.

No need for them to know - type it in out of sight if necessary. Once connected, they can reconnect again and again as the connection was saved.

I suppose there will be a hack somewhere that allows them to find out the password I typed in but I'd probably notice them if they were sat outside in their car. Or am I just paranoid . . . ?

ashleycardwell94 00:50 28 Aug 2009

i think you are being a bit paranoied, why would your brothers sit outside in a car to access your WIFI?

"A friend of my wife is having someone to stay and whats to bring their laptop to access the wireless internet. I have told my wife that her frined would have to give her friend her password etc to get access to the router, is this correct? I am assuming she does have a secure network"

As long as the network is WEP or WPA protected!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?