another partition ?

Ikelos 14:43 16 Jul 2007

Hi, just put in Acronis True Image, pressed a few keys and it should have copied to an external drive, it did on the second attempt, I think it has copied the OS onto the HDD in the laptop the first time, how can i tell if it has, and if so can i get rid of it.

thanks

Diemmess 15:48 16 Jul 2007

Probably no long term damage.

If you made a backup file it exists somewhere under a default name with a susbcript (.tib)

Wave your mouse over any possible folder and see if there is a "tib" within.

If that is all you have done AND you have no other Acronis files on your computer, you can simply delete it.

Using Acronis which is a mighty powerful tool needs care to understand each menu stage as you choose it and pass on to the next stage.

The big no-no is to RESTORE or Clone an Acronis image to the wrong place, because it will overwrite everything on the drive you selected.

Choose the right drive and of course it is a Godsend getting you up and running after a bad system failure.

The menus are good and lead you safely through, provided you don't rush and "Press a few keys."

Ikelos 16:15 16 Jul 2007

thank you for that wise advice, i will look now, and thanks again

Ikelos 16:31 16 Jul 2007

Hi Again, looks like we live to fight another day, I can not find any folders or the like with Acronis of tib, or suchlike, so i might have got away with it.Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?