Another netgear wireless problem wg111t

rickd 18:27 18 Jun 2006

I installed a new netgear wg111t wireless usb device to attach to my netgear router. After a struggle (had to use updated driver from netgear), install hardware manually, I got it going. But after a while it lost contact with the router (there was plenty of signal), then wouldn't start on rebooting. I've tried completely uninstalling then reinstalling both the software and hardware. Each time I get an error (code 10) and it refuses to launch.
Any ideas??

SANTOS7 18:33 18 Jun 2006

click here
this may help..

george 18:59 18 Jun 2006

Hi,
The above soulution is a good one. I informed Belkin of these problem when their experts could not solve my problem. This was sorted by myself working backwards. The problem was caused by a Windows security update.
Sorry but my own pc is having a problem I am working on and cannot get access to right now. I initially solved my problem by running a hard wire ethernet connection.
Please try the Belkin web site as my solution was posted there for others.

ade.h 19:12 18 Jun 2006

"I've tried completely uninstalling then reinstalling both the software and hardware."

As a general rule of thumb, you should use USB adapters *without* any 3rd-party software. Install them with *only* their driver and let Windows do what it's happiest doing; managing your wireless configuration for you with WZC.

CC 16:21 28 Oct 2006

Thanks SANTOS7 - had the same problem with a Belkin wireless G desktop card. Worked a treat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)