Another "NERO"

DWANE PYPE 15:09 29 Apr 2003

After I had writen a letter in Word, I saved it, then before I closed Word, clicked on file to check to see if it had saved it, it?s then that it froze up, C+A+D, Word not responding,clicked end task, then after a few seconds clicked the same in the next window, then back to the desk top, tried to move the curser to open Word again, nothing responded,C+A+D again, Explorer not responding, end task, clicked the same in the next window,
Then waited about minute, the 2 end task windows were still there, when nothing had happened, I pressed C+A+D again, the program is busy window came up, then after about 5 secs the screen went blank, with just the curser on it, so pressed the reset button, It rebooted OK, after getting past scandisk. Go to my computer to open the CD(it still displays the title of it) I copied the letter to, and up pops ?previous un-mounted disc processing error. Back up the Data and reformat the Disc.? So tried to copy it, but when it got to 75% it ran out of pixels, and refused to go any further, and there are things on it I don?t want to lose, so if any of you ?Nero? buffs can give me the solution, it would be very much appreciated. OS98ME. Nero.5.

Confab 17:03 29 Apr 2003

Don't copy the whole disk at once but drag and drop the invividual files from your CD drive to a new folder on your C drive. When you have done this copy the contents of the folder back to a CD (You will not be able to drag and drop any corrupt files however).

If there are errors on your CD then Nero will tend to "hang" at the corrupt file and not go any further.

If you have important date dont rely on CDRW's alone as these are prone to unrecoverable errors. Backup your files to a CDR.

Amber

DWANE PYPE 21:34 29 Apr 2003

Thanks for your imput, could not access the CD to
drag and drop,so it must have got corrupted some how.The same thing happened again later on to another CD,but what I had on that was also on a floppy, so I will do as you said and put most things on CDR, and if there's enough space back them up on a floppy.I've reformatted the CDs with
no problem,believe it or not.Anyway thanks again for your imput.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?