Another kernel32.dll error message

slowhand_1000 21:20 26 Jan 2003

After my lad downloaded MS Instant Messenger and then uninstalled it (due to the kernel fault) I now can't open IE. The dreaded message appears "Iexplorer caused an invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll at 017f:6ff9dba7" followed by the usual blurb.
I have looked in past threads and followed the links to Microsoft and other sites but still no joy. Although a couple of links from the threads did lead to a page that was "Not available", sods law says that would be the page that does it.
The problem, at the moment, is only affecting IE. I have run sfc, repair IE, gone back to previous version in IE even defragged and scanned for virus. I have also copied and pasted a kernel32.dll off another drive, albeit when the system is running, but that has not worked. If anyone could point the way on how to do it through dos that might be worth trying ?
If I have to reformat then so be it, I have another hd I can back the whole drive onto. A format was due in the near future as I was going to get new hd anyway and this may have just brought it forward in time a bit. But if I can sort it another way then I would rather do that for now.
Oh and before I forget, the operating system I am using is W98se, IE5.5, 1.33 Athlon with 512DDR ram.

Cheers

slowhand

TOPCAT® 21:33 26 Jan 2003

Not quite the error numbers unless you have got AR installed. TC.

'This error can occur if the Aureate Radiate advertising module is installed on your computer.'

click here

slowhand_1000 21:42 26 Jan 2003

Thanks Topcat but have run Ad-Aware to check for that, sorry I forgot to mention that in posting. Its been a long day trawling through 'Error Message' links and the brain is slowing down. The other link to MS on that site is the one that comes up with "Not Available" etc. As I said bet it's sods law that it's the one that could cure it.

slowhand_1000 22:01 26 Jan 2003

does a refresh before going for a coffee (nae beer) break.

slowhand_1000 22:02 26 Jan 2003

does a refresh before going for a coffee, nae beer, break.

slowhand_1000 09:54 27 Jan 2003

refresh

JoeC 09:58 27 Jan 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?