Another Hotmail problem

ianeon 18:08 13 May 2005

Good morning, I would be grateful for some help with this problem - My computer works perfectly, it does everything it is supposed to EXCEPT for one problem - If I type a Hotmail E-Mail address, and the correct password, into the Passport sign-in boxes and press "enter" I get the error page which is headed "This page cannot be displayed" - All my settings are at default level and my firewall is not blocking this site, I do not use Messenger - Can someone help please - thank you - Ian

Technotiger 18:48 13 May 2005

Hi, I think that there may be a problem with the hotmail server at the moment. Although I can connect to my hotmail folder (via msn messenger).
Trying to connect through msn explorer throws up the 'cannot be displayed' as in your case.

If you used, or at least downloaded and installed msn messenger, you would probably be able to connect to hotmail - as I just did as a test.

Cheers.

ianeon 19:29 13 May 2005

Thank you for that info - but this problem is specific to this computer - other computers in the house access Hotmail

Technotiger 19:51 13 May 2005

OK - sorry it was not any help - just a thought, but have you tried accessing hotmail using your own details on one of the other computers then? this would at least eliminate, or otherwise, any possible problem with your own personal details.

Cheers.

musicbassman 21:26 13 May 2005

Hotmail has been acting in a very strange manner the last few days. click here

My problems seem to stem from using the sign in page as my home page - if I try to sign in as soon as I go on the Internet I often get the 'page cannot be displayed' message, as well as the other problem oulined in the link above. But if I return to my home page from other sites and sign in I never have any problems

PS. Interesting coincidence - I notice that the Hotmail sign in page has just been modified today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone