Another Excel Query

Dirty Dick 12:14 14 Aug 2007

I'm running Excel 2007 and was wondering if there is a way to highlight the lowest and highest values in a column(in currency), when I say highlight could I either fill the cell with red for lowest and green for higheat, or/and could I send the details to another cell on the spraedsheet.

Thanx

DD

VoG II 12:21 14 Aug 2007

Take a look at Conditional Formatting. In Excel 2007 it should be simple to create a new rule for this if tyhere isn't one already set up.

In earlier versions of Excel you would select your column of numbers, Format > Conditional Formatting > Select Formula Is and use

=B14=MAX(B:B)

(where B14 is at the top of the selected range) then set the format. Then Add another condition

=B14=MIN(B:B)

for the second format.

VoG II 17:12 14 Aug 2007

Select your range of values. On the Home tab click Conditional Formatting, Click New Rule, Click Use a formula to determine which cells to format.

In the 'Format values where this formula is true' box enter an equation as above, set a format and click OK. Repeat to set up the other CF.

Flying Teddy 18:15 14 Aug 2007

click here

and install. then, in the drop-down menu 'asap utilities' in the menu bar, pick 'select' then option 12 'select cell with smallest number'. Then option 13 for largest number.

Also try using conditional formatting in the same utility. All useful stuff!

VoG II 18:20 14 Aug 2007

If you do install ASAP-UTILITIES, in Excel 2007 you will find it on the Add-Ins tab. To display the Add-ins tab left click the Office Button (top left) > Excel Options > Add-ins ...

Dirty Dick 12:09 15 Aug 2007

VoG™ - Thanx works like a dream. The only query I have now is, How do I get the highst and lowest values in a list of values to be sent to another sheet, such as a summary sheet?

VoG II 12:30 15 Aug 2007

You can't use a formula to 'send' to another cell, you can only 'pull' information from one cell to another.

So if your list is in column B of Sheet1 then on the summary sheet you can use the formula

=MAX('Sheet1'!B:B)

to give you the maximum and in another cell a similar formula using MIN to give the lowest value.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?