Another DVD burn Problem

Djinrummy 17:50 05 Apr 2007

Just like Lee007 in March, I uninstalled The pre-loaded, By Evesham, Pinnacle Suite and now my Sony rw/dw-d22a dvd wont Burn. I had already tried the hints given to Lee007 and no luck. After lots of questions I was advised to reload windows xp, I Did, no change! Please can anyone help.
Djinrummy

skidzy 17:56 05 Apr 2007

XP will not burn dvd's only cd's,you need a burning software program like Pinnacle/Sonic/Nero etc

Can you confirm Pinnacle has been reloaded ?

skidzy 17:58 05 Apr 2007

Something to try click here

Also check Device Manager for any yellow exclaimation marks,windows key+Pause/device manager.

Djinrummy 21:21 05 Apr 2007

Skidzy
Thanks for the advice And The Try this, I did not reinstall Pinnacle as I have the AVS suite (for Video editing & Burning) plus CDBurnerxp Pro3,
My problem seems to be in the formatting area but as a complete novice at DVD burning I can't be sure. I get to the burn stage and the drive doesn't respond also the drive shows as a cd rom drive.
Djinrummy

skidzy 21:25 05 Apr 2007

Try the DMA reset tool click here

skidzy 21:29 05 Apr 2007

Is this a msxml document by any chance,if so it will be ok to remove.As a precaution,create a system restore point first.

skidzy 21:33 05 Apr 2007

Sorry about my last posting,wrong thread Doh !!

Djinrummy 21:39 05 Apr 2007

Skidzy thankyou once again, for your help. I've got the download but must leave it until tomorrow,
I'll let you know what happens.
Djinrummy.

Djinrummy 21:40 05 Apr 2007

I Guessed!
Djinrummy

Djinrummy 23:11 06 Apr 2007

Skidzy,
I ran the DMA reset tool and Lo I can now burn to CD's, BUT unfortunately still no joy with DVD's.
every DVD shows up as "FULL" with a file type as "RAW" and the ICON for my DVD-RW unit changes to CD!
I can at least thank you for the assistance you have given me, andif you can think of anything further I could try, I would be grateful
Djinrummy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?