Another dongle problem!!

mgblugs 20:51 01 Sep 2005

When my Samsung D500 and pc (which paires successfully) try to exchange info, I get the pop-up "fsquirt.exe has encountered a problem and has to close"

Please help before I drop my pc from my second floor window!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:03 01 Sep 2005

Have you got them connected by Bluetooth?

Fsuirt is a bluethooth prog and is more suited to connet something like a phone to the PC rather than connect PC to PC.

mgblugs 21:07 01 Sep 2005

Yup, they are connected by bluetooth. Everything seems to be ok until I authorise the transfer from my phone, It happens when I try to transfer in either direction.

Pooke 21:10 01 Sep 2005

Are you using the software that came with the phone or with the dongle?

I find it easier to use the belkin software that I got with my dongle instead of the Nokia suite.

mgblugs 21:22 01 Sep 2005

This is gonna sound stupid but I've no idea what the software is, I can't find a name anywhere! But I've tried it, unsuccessfully, uninstalled it, re-booted and tried the xp version too, both have same end result. The dongle incidentally, was bought from e-bay. One of the more expensive ones, It actually has a swivel antenna if that helps. The only samsung software I can find seems to only be designed for usb wired connection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:32 01 Sep 2005

Have a look click here

Pooke 21:39 01 Sep 2005

£19.99 belkin 100metre adaptor from PCWorld works a treat.

Is there no name at all?

mgblugs 21:45 01 Sep 2005

No name at all heres the fella.

click here

Thalmus 22:57 01 Sep 2005

Xp Sp2 comes with its own bluetooth driver and because it is digitly signed it will use that instead of the driver suppiled with your bluetooth device.

goto device manager select your bluetooth device and click update driver. Select choose driver yourself and click on the driver for yuor adapter

mgblugs 09:20 02 Sep 2005

Many thanks Thalmus, problem solved and working great, thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?