another dell blue screen message

jonah177 19:03 08 Mar 2006

Hi there
I saw a few threads about dells and blue screen error messages, well we have a 6 month old dell and have suddenly been getting similar messages regarding a serious error and having to shut down windows. I can't remember the complete message, sorry, tried copying screen but obviously it wasn't there to paste when i restarted. Is this a serious problem to my pc? Could it be linked to online threats in some way? We have up to date virus guard.
I am a complete idiot when it comes to technical jargon, but if anyone can give me any help [remember I'm a simpleton!] I would be extremely grateful. You were all so helpful when I posted before re my computer talking to me! Is it considered a hardware problem, if so I can contact dell, but they never want to know if it associated with files or software.

Jackcoms 19:29 08 Mar 2006

"so I can contact dell, but they never want to know if it associated with files or software."

Quite right. Dell build the hardware, not the software.

It's not their problem.

More details needed about your 'blue screen' if we are to help.

rawprawn 19:34 08 Mar 2006

Have you recently installed any New Hardware (new printer for example) or software? One way is to disconnect all peripherals, and then connect them back one at a time to see when or if the problem re-occurs.

jonah177 22:10 08 Mar 2006

Sorry, meant to say can I contact dell not I can contact dell. Didn't want to waste their and my time if it wasn't something they can help with. We haven't loaded any new software that recently, I've downloaded from the web things like screensavers/ wallpaper and free online games. I guess I should wait for it to happen again and make a note of the full error message.
We did get music/ midi software loaded a short while ago, but this didn't seem to happen simultaneously.
Thanks for the feedback so far.

rawprawn 22:26 08 Mar 2006

click here Download and run this program. Use both Cleaner and Issues. It just may help, and certainly won't do any harm.Sometimes these blue screens occur for no really apparent reason.

jonah177 23:11 10 Mar 2006

thanks Rawprawn
Hope I did it right. I found 100+ errors, it only corrects 3 free ones. Is this worth getting? Can I not do any of these repairs within windows onboard pc tools? Haven't had the problem again yet so can't give any further info yet.

rdave13 00:03 11 Mar 2006

Download Ccleaner is free. Maybe you downloaded another program?

rawprawn 07:58 11 Mar 2006

At the top of the page of the link I gave you is a tab "Download" click on that and it will take you to the free download site. I sounds to me that you have downloaded "Registry Cleaner" in error. Uninstall that and try again.

jonah177 08:40 11 Mar 2006

Thanks rawprawn
I did warn you I was a simpleton! I'll try again.

rawprawn 14:53 11 Mar 2006

Good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?