Another bargain at ALDI.

bukkaz 10:45 11 Feb 2007

I know one or two turned their noses up at buying a computer from a supermarket but as many more said the Medion offers there are a bargain. This week ALDI have a system with 2.8GHz Dual Core Processor, 1024MB ram,250GB storage, NVidia Geoforce 7300 SE Graphics Card, Multi format CD/DVD burner, 8channel High Definition audio and TVTunerfor analogue/digitalTV (DVB-T). Keyboard, mouse and remotecontrol for multmedia. A decent software package included, a 3 year warranty and all for £399.99.
Anyone thinking of buying a new system wants to have have a look at this. Those of those who have bought these systems in the past would recommend them. Good after sales care as well. The only time I've needed them was because of my fault not the systems and the help and advice was excellent.

big bloke66 10:59 11 Feb 2007

At 400 quid you cant really argue with at being a bargain.
especially with those specs.

Stuartli 11:03 11 Feb 2007
  bukkaz 11:14 11 Feb 2007

Sorry. Hadn't noticed that thread Stuartli. Still seems an excellent purchase.Good service as well. I scratched a support disc (had it over 2 years), rang them on the Monday and a new disc arrived in the post Wednesday morning.

anskyber 11:18 11 Feb 2007

With Vista Home Premium, a bargain.

spuds 12:45 11 Feb 2007

And to top it all Aldi are considering using credit cards in all their UK branches. Even more protection, should things go wrong.

Would mention, that the last time Aldi had one of these special offers, I was in the store when someone brought their computer back. The staff changed the computer for another one that they had in stock. No bother or anything. Whether the customer had contacted Medion beforehand or whether the customer applied the change under consumer law, I wouldn't know. Impressed though, how the local Aldi store dealt with the matter.

conrail 15:14 11 Feb 2007

few years ago I purchased a 2.8 Gh medion pc from pc world and had monitor replaced twice within 6 months, each replacement arrived within 2 days of reporting it, each time, dealt with manufacturer rather then pc world, (phoned manufacturers helpline and they sorted everything), no other problems so I would recomended medion,
when I first saw machine in local pc world, Stockton, Teesside, they said non left but more coming in but they would not let me order, happened to be in pc world, Team Valley, Gateshead who let me order it and received delivery within a week, one pc world unhelpful, another excellent service, realise thread is not about pc world but thought people might be interested in service received/not received

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?