annoying threads

mobileman1953 15:08 02 Sep 2007

is it just me or do threads like this click here
annoy any body else , reason being problem solved but we are not told solution

rawprawn 15:17 02 Sep 2007

This has been a problem as far back as I can remember.The point being that if the solution is pointed out then others who have searched with similar problems would know the answer, and this would also apply to those who had contrbuted.
A tick resolved would also help.

woodchip 15:23 02 Sep 2007

nothing wrong with that thread, I can only imagine what it must be like for some one with sensitive ears.I have two earing aids

mobileman1953 15:39 02 Sep 2007

thanks rawprawn for a sensible answer the other answer i do not understand

birdface 15:40 02 Sep 2007

Hi Woodchip you can get them pinned to your nose as well you know.And yes always nice to hear the solution, Especially if you have the same problem.

holme 15:42 02 Sep 2007

All of us at holme fully support mobileman1953's and rawprawn's thoughtful and very valid views.

It's even worse when you reply to somebody's posting - and the subsequent silence is deafening... The posting is left open for weeks (no tick) and no response. What a waste of our time and, in some cases, efforts in sussing out and 'testing' a solution.

We contribute to a number of forums; none of the others seem to suffer from the same behaviour. Is it just sheer bad manners? Or something more deep-seated? It's fully covered in the Forum rules, so I'm not sure what more FE can do. :-(

woodchip 15:51 02 Sep 2007

I know all about them not telling us what corrected the problem. Buit Its only like me shouting at daft drivers that do stupid things. They cannot hear, and it does not me any good to blow my top

ambra4 16:45 02 Sep 2007

holme

They do not read the forums rules just like not reading the manual before installing the equipment

jz 17:51 02 Sep 2007

They don't annoy me. It seems like such a minor thing to complain about. You could always reply asing what the poster did to fix the problem.

holme 18:07 02 Sep 2007

I beg your pardon, something went wrong with the copy & paste. Try this click here

jz 18:15 02 Sep 2007

Sorry holme, I should have said that the one that mobileman1953 started doesn't annoy me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?