Annoying spelling correct on MSN hotmail

laptopdunce 17:32 12 Jul 2013

I am using my Dutch laptop in Holland, a windows Vista laptop on i.e. and all of a sudden it has started making annoying spelling corrections if I am writing in Dutch it will suddenly alter a word such a packet (pak k et) to the English Pa ck et, this is very annoying (its just done it on this message when I try to write pa kk et (which is parcel in dutch, not a pac ket) so how can I stop this annoying rubbish, its only just started doing this since I haven't used the laptop for ages and its downloaded alot of updates. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

john bunyan 17:44 12 Jul 2013

I use Speckie in IE 10 and it works in Outlook. I imagine it would work in MSN. There is a Dutch version. See

Tot Seins

rdave13 18:31 12 Jul 2013

Keyboard/language settings?

laptopdunce 02:40 13 Jul 2013

Hi RDave, how do I alter the keyboard/language settings, it wasn't doing this "correcting" and spell check before, its only started this awful prompting and altering words since I last used this laptop a few days ago, I don't really want to install a different language dictionary as Joh Bunyan's message suggests as there are certain words in English and Dutch that I have altered myself such as email address words with more than one letter as opposed to the original one, such a "paperss which is always being corrected to the proper paper's spelling which of course I don't want, I just want to stop this horrible spell check and correction thing, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?