Annoying screen problems

Sirpad 17:14 29 Jun 2007

I have two problems:

1. I cannot get rid of the Games Toolbar. Even if I right-click-and-uncheck it, it comes back when I re-open IE.

2. When I play certain on-line games I lose half of the game screen. Am not sure of the technical term but the game comes up as a window within the site's webpage. Most of the game requires you to use the UP arrow. Well the UP arrow brings the window down and I can only see the top 2 thirds of it. Is there a way to stop the page scrolling up and down. I know, I know...minor problem in the scale of things but this happens with lots of games that my kids play too.

Kate B 19:06 29 Jun 2007

What games toolbar? Sounds as though you've picked up some adware or something. Run scans with all the usual apps - Adaware, Spybot, Windows Defender, A Squared, Superantispyware and your AV software. That should shift whatever's put that toolbar on to IE - I'm assuming you're using IE. Also consider using Firefox instead, it's less vulnerable to something like that installing itself.

birdface 10:00 30 Jun 2007

If it is in add remove,Delete it.Or try msconfig and if it's in there untick it.

p;3 11:21 30 Jun 2007

fully update and run on full deep scans click here

click here

click here

see what rubbish they dredge up for you!!

Sirpad 12:46 30 Jun 2007

Thanks guy ...wil try these tips and get back to you...........

p;3 12:54 30 Jun 2007

if you are running xp you can try also

click here

I have to use a different version as THIS version is not compatible with my windows ::((

also; if the kids have been on it...erm..do you have MSN messenger on there and do THEY use it ?

or any P2P stuff?

that uses Limewire etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?