annoying popups left after removing software

royson 20:14 15 Dec 2006

On activating my connection to NTL, whilst unprotected I managed to download a so called registry cleaner I didn't need. So now fully protected by Netguard, and having deleted the software I am left with these annoying popups reminding me we need a registry repair, is there any safe, painless way of removing this what can only be described as an advertising virus.

Jackcoms 20:38 15 Dec 2006
  birdface 21:21 15 Dec 2006

Hi that registry cleaner that you downloaded,Did it say it was MS, Microsoft, Then took you to an entirely different program,Done the same with me, Thought it was a bit iffy, So did not open it,

birdface 21:25 15 Dec 2006

Wonder if it is an NTL Problem,Anybody else not with NTL getting this problem,

VoG II 21:26 15 Dec 2006

More information needed...

birdface 22:04 15 Dec 2006

Son just reformated computer,As soon as he started it up,Box pops up,Looks like a warning from Microsoft Says MS On it Not sure about Microsoft, But think that was on it to,Just says Registry Corrupt Copy this [whatever it was ]into your address bar or go here, And it takes you to some place that sells registry cleaners,Could not see Microsoft doing that ,So just left it, It may be an NTL problem,But will have to wait and see if anyone else gets it,

birdface 00:04 16 Dec 2006

Sorry Royson,Getting a bit carried away there,Have you tried tools, And use the pop up blocker with IE7,Or my Firewall has a pop up blocker with it,But sounds as though yours could be a bit more serious,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?