Animation creation ?

Rtus 22:33 22 Oct 2003

Is there anyone who could create an animated 1st page for me ? Ive looked at software of all sorts & their way too expensive at the Moment ..I have general Idea of what I want,Ive looked at free stuff on the web & to be honest its not what I want..
Any ideas welcome...

Taran 22:58 22 Oct 2003

What is it that you want ?

Be warned that although I love Flash to bits I am not a fan of introductory page animations for websites for a lot of reasons.

Let me know what you are after and we shall see what we shall see...

T

Rtus 23:13 22 Oct 2003

Many thanks taran .

I Visualised a postie , walking across page losing letters from sack (post bag) These letters jump to life after postie disappears and form a word the last letter of the word points to the contact button .The title of the Web page..The only other thing on the page would be an about button & find out more info button .Thats the general Idea ..But can be modified..

Rtus 23:17 22 Oct 2003

I see my usual flair for confusion yet again .
Sorry Taran it should read

..I Visualised a postie , walking across page losing letters from sack (post bag) These letters jump to life after postie disappears and form a word The title of the Web page..the last letter of the word points to the contact button .The only other thing on the page would be an about button & find out more info button .Thats the general Idea ..But can be modified..

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:05 23 Oct 2003

an offer from anyone else, have a look at some of my animations at click here If interested you can contact me through the site and I'll email you some samples I have been asked to do for the Noddy site (yes, the one who's mates got large ears, dont laugh!)

Rtus 17:14 25 Oct 2003

Thanks for the demo's & thanks for taking the time to mail me..Ive replied via email.although they are good demo's they are not quite what I had in mind..

barryoneoff.co.uk 17:29 25 Oct 2003

no problem.

Rtus 22:57 27 Oct 2003

refresh

Taran 08:44 28 Oct 2003

Two questions for you:

1. do you have Flash ?

2. do you consider the work involved in your conceptual animation worthwhile for a homepage ?

That second questions is not meant to be sarcastic. Look on it like this: most site visitors and especially dial up users will want the option to 'Skip intro movie' since they wont be interested in seeing a postman walk across the screen: they want to reach your site content.

I can do the whole thing start to finish but I simply don't have that time to offer you at the moment. In the next few days I'll be leaving the forum for a while for health reasons although, as they say in the films, "I'll be back".

If you have Flash the only issue you have is learning how to create the necessary objects to begin with then tie them into a working animation and the helpfiles contain more than enough information on how to do this.

If you don't have Flash, I can't think of any other program offhand that I'd like to attempt something like this in other than Flash counterpart products from Adobe.

Have a think.

If you still want to pursue this and you have the necessary software, I'll help where I can once I get back on my feet.

If you don't mind my saying so though, such animations are, in the main, a waste of your bandwidth and time to generate.

That's just my take on things.

T

Rtus 10:10 28 Oct 2003

Ill check as Im not absolutely sure on the Flash bit Thanks Taran..

A_World_Maker 22:56 29 Oct 2003

Flash....... why not build a simple page that uses a time line to move GIF's across your page and drop the letters, its a lot smaller then Flash, great for dial-ups and the graphic placeholders/alt text can be seen by all? And it doesnt require any pluggin?
BTW, I use flash, dreamweaver, etc blah blah why use a big hammer for a small nut?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie