android tablet set itself to safe mode

debh 23:14 08 Jun 2015

Hi Turned my tablet on and it opened up in safe mode. I've never had a pin for it and cant get it out. Tried suggestions on web like holding power off and volume button but that doesn't work. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks very much Deb

lotvic 23:44 08 Jun 2015

My Galaxy tab did that last week, I don't know why it started in 'safe mode', I just turned it off by holding in power button for 5 secs and choosing power off. Then I switched it back on and it was ok again.

debh 00:56 09 Jun 2015

Thank you for this but I've tried rebooting with no effect. I understand that they can turn on safe mode automatically if an app is odd or something but how can you get out of it if you've never set a pin? Thanks

bumpkin 10:26 09 Jun 2015

I don't know which tablet you have but mine has a tiny hole in the side of it where I can poke a paper clip or suchlike and press a re-set button. In my case it is marked as "Mic" to confuse the issue and not mentioned in the manual.

lotvic 15:04 09 Jun 2015

You can uninstall a suspicious App in Safe mode, info ClickHere Not sure why you keep mentioning a pin?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?