Android 2.2

Barrykneeshaw 15:27 24 Mar 2011

Hi out there.
Dunno if anyone can help with this one but...
I bought one of those Chinese MID tablet PC clones which came with Android 2.1. It said it was upgradeable to 2.2 which is now becoming available. Sadly the instructions leave much to be desired about where the heck RKAndroidTool.exe is (unless I can decipher the Chinese part of the instructions). Can anyone tell me how I find this tool? Words of one syllable please, I can barely use a toaster...
The pad says it's a TR718D with Firmware v1.02.04-2010.11.8_public.
Many thanks
Barry

bremner 16:42 24 Mar 2011

click here

Read the thrid article in the link. It states there will be firmware upgrade soon to bring 2.2

rickf 20:20 24 Mar 2011

If you are already on 2.1 surely you can go into systems and upgrade to 2.2. That's what I did with my Archos Tablet.

Barrykneeshaw 09:04 25 Mar 2011

Ah! The problem is knowing where the tool is !
The previous post very kindly tells me what's going on and where I can chase up 2.2 but I have no idea how to install it.
The instructions mention the RK tool but tell me to power down the tablet before I can upgrade. If so then the RK tool must be available within the software upgrade? I just don't know...
Do I download the upgrade to a PC folder then transfer it to the tablet for the InstallApp to do the job? Bremners' post seems to suggest this (thanks Bremner) I'm just a bit lost as I am completely new to Android.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?