Analogue to firewire?

Stubacka 13:53 09 Mar 2005

Can anyone tell me where I can get a phono (red/ yellow/white) to firewire adaptor cable that will allow me to transfer analogue vidoe tapes to a laptop with only a firewire connection?

Is there another way?

TomJerry 14:02 09 Mar 2005

you can get it around £60

There is no another way. There is no such adaptor possible, converting analogue video to digital is a very complicated process.

medicine hat 14:07 09 Mar 2005

You really need to go to your local Maplin and discuss the problem. There isn't a single cable which will do what you require but there may be other ways. Does your laptop not even have a mic in?

George Smiley 14:11 09 Mar 2005

Someone bought me an analogue DVD camcorder as a pressie. I ended up buying an Adaptec DVD Video Oh External box for convert the signal to digital format. I plug the camcorder red/yellow/white cables into this box and it connects to the PC via USB 2.

Captures it all perfectly.

However, there are cheaper converters about and you could also install a cheaper PCI card that does the same analogue to digital conversion (Adaptec do one as well as other companies).

As to Firewire, after researching I ended up not worrying if I connected ultimately via the Firewire of USB 2 ports in the end...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?