Analogue DVD/HDD recorder problem

Jimbo54 21:04 23 Nov 2007

I have a television with Freeview which gives an excellent picture, although my normal analogue aerial signal is pretty poor. I have just purchased a philips dvd/HDD recorder which has an analogue tuner, this will not pick up the digital signal, so I can record from the TV a high quality picture, but if I want to watch another digital channel I can't. What do I need to do so I can one freeview channel whilst recording another.

FatboySlim71 21:34 23 Nov 2007

You mention "I have just purchased a philips dvd/HDD recorder which has an analogue tuner this will not pick up the digital signal"

I would be very surprised if the Philips dvd/hdd would have an analogue tuner (has you mention) as analogue is going to be phased out over the next few years, you also mention "this will not pick up the digital signal" I would have expected the dvd/hdd recorder to have been able to receive a digital TV signal (freeview) rather than the analogue signal that you mention it does?

What model Philips dvd/hdd recorder have you just purchased?

To your question "What do I need to do so I can one freeview channel whilst recording another"

You would need a freeview receiver that had two tuners in it. Below is a link to a search I done, you will find from the search various sites that sell the two tuner freeview boxes.

click here

Jimbo54 21:03 25 Nov 2007

Thanks for your help Fatboyslim71, the model number is DVDR3570H see philips web site for details.

100andthirty 21:25 25 Nov 2007

as you already have freeview on your TV - the one you can watch, you need just a simple external freeview box to plug into the Philips with a SCART lead - you would use this one for recording.

I paid £20 for an Alba box and 97p for a scart lead for my mum's TV (I live in a cable area so don't yet have freeview_

FatboySlim71 22:14 25 Nov 2007

If you are not that bothered about "What do I need to do so I can one freeview channel whilst recording another" then you can follow 100andthirty's advice.

But if you are really wanting to be able to "What do I need to do so I can one freeview channel whilst recording another" then you would need something from my link in the earlier post.

100andthirty 13:04 26 Nov 2007

Perhaps I'm losing the plot, but I read that you have a TV with Freeview - so you can watch that??

then you want to record Freeview, and not have to watch what you're recording.

Thus you need a total of two freeview tuners and have one already in the TV:

Thus you need one more tuner?

Or have I missed something?

Jimbo54 20:33 04 Jan 2008

Thanks to everybody who replied, I have found an answer to my problem. If anyone out there has the same problem as me the answer is to get a Humax F2-FOX T. Connect your aerial up to this and then take the Coax output from the F2-FOX T to your Philips DVDR3570H, you can then connect your two scart leads from the back of the Philips to your freeview TV. Then you can watch one freeview channel whilst recording another, hey presto and good luck.
Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?