Amount of memory.

Meshuga 21:29 27 Jan 2003

My PC is running Win98 and is rated at 64mb of ram. I wish to know how to check the amount of memory in use and therefore the capacity unused.
The reason for the question is because it has been suggested that I increase my ram to 128mb
which I dont think I need given the amount of use
of the PC. Grateful for any suggestions please.
Meshuga.

Elrond 21:32 27 Jan 2003

Upgrading to 128MB wud be a good idea, amount of use isn't the issue with memory its how the computers used at the same time. Another 64MB will not cost you very much £15 ish i reckon

crx16 21:41 27 Jan 2003

start\programs\accessories\system tools\system monitor.

then in the toolbar Edit\add item...\memory manager\unused physical memory.

Meshuga 22:00 27 Jan 2003

Many thanks to Elrond and crx16 for your response.
Meshuga.

Meshuga 22:08 27 Jan 2003

To crx16. Have done as you suggested but get a message that " Physical memory not currently in use" Any ideas please.

johnOcookj88 23:11 27 Jan 2003

This free utility measures how much memory your PC is using. It can recover memory and stop some system crashes. Download here its easy to use. By hovering mouse over cacheman icon amount of memory being used is indicated.

click here

DieSse 00:08 28 Jan 2003

Monitoring how much memory Windows is using is not tremendously useful, as Windows manages memory and adjusts how much it uses depending on how much you have.

If you don't feel a need to have more memory, then save your money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?