amiga emulator

mimo 23:09 06 Aug 2003

hello all..os win xp.can anybody recommend an amiga emulator which is 100%compatible with xp.i bought a amiga emulator/games disc from game ,it stated win 95/98 i thought it would work using the xp compatibility program .no such luck.so if any body out there is using an amiga emulator with xp can you please assist.here from you soon....best regards mimo

mark500 23:40 06 Aug 2003

Go Here
click here

mimo 23:33 07 Aug 2003

hello mark 500..thanks for your assistance.cheers ,imo

Thomas-280921 11:45 06 Jan 2004

I am also looking for a reliable Amiga emulator(500 or 1200 setup),mainly to run some programs that I created in Basic on the above Amigas.I have found that VB is much too complicated to use and will not cope with some of the twists we used it the heady days of the early 90,s.If Mimo is still looking in did you get the UAE emulator and is it of any use? There are several fake Amiga emulators still on the market so be careful in your search.Have a look at the Cloanto site there is a lot of info there.
Thomas

mimo 19:22 06 Jan 2004

hello.yes i did download the emulator but for some reason it would not work with xp.i tried everything then gave up.i will check out cloanto maybe ill have more luck.thanks for the interest.mimo

The Ghost of Inept Pig 22:55 06 Jan 2004

WinUAE does work under XP, although the amoount of settings that you have to alter are daunting if you don't know what to tweak where.

I'd suggest reading click here, to get mine working I used the settings listed click here;showtopic=68&view=findpost&p=856

If it's the CD with 'More than 300 Classic Games' advertised on its front, I wouldn't expect too much from it - the majority of 'Classic Games' found on this collection are shareware games, a few of which you may remember from various cover discs of old, but out of the 300 - you'd be hard pushed to say you enjoyed half of them. Also, the commerical games that are advertised on the back are only demos, which was rather sneaky of them... Of course - if it's not this CD then please forgive my rantings.

Sadly, emulation is never as good as what the 'real thing' used to be, be it nostalgia, or the fact that the PC lacks a decent retro styled yellow and black joystick to play the games on - if I had the time, money and space, I'd gladly re-buy all my Amiga stuff...

If only to play Pinball Fantasies again.

Anyway, I digress - try those links, they helped me, I hope they can help you.

The Ghost of Inept Pig 22:57 06 Jan 2004

Sorry, 2nd link didn't work (it's a very handy forum to use if you get anymore problems), I shall try once more

click here

mimo 20:55 07 Jan 2004

hi the ghost of the inept pig,a very helpful site.cheers mimo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017