Amic Email Backup Problem

rawprawn 17:15 05 Mar 2009

I have been using this program for about a year now, and have recommended it several times. It is a free program.
Today it is saying that my 15 days free trial is up and I need to purchase.
I have uninstalled it cleaned the registry, tried system restore, re downloaded from click here
Still the same.
Any suggestions, even a similar program. (Except MS Outlook backup add in)
Thanks
RP

rawprawn 17:20 05 Mar 2009

It looks as though it's no longer Free.

Sea Urchin 18:24 05 Mar 2009

Good evening rawprawn

v2.0 is still free, but v3.0 is a trial - have you somehow inadvertently upgraded to 3.0?

Sea Urchin 18:29 05 Mar 2009

Although having said that I see Softpedia is offering v.2.30 as a trial - still free from Wareseeker.com

rawprawn 18:31 05 Mar 2009

Good evening to you, no definately v2.0 as you can see in my link. I cannot understand it.
I am looking at alternatives at the moment.

Sea Urchin 18:37 05 Mar 2009

That's bizarre - I've just done a backup using my Amic (which I've had for many months) and no problem - no prompt asking for payment.

rawprawn 18:48 05 Mar 2009

I have even found the old program downloaded July 2008 and when I installed it I still had the same message.

rawprawn 18:49 05 Mar 2009

I have downloaded mailstore and truesafe to see if they are any good, but they are not a patch on Amic.

Sea Urchin 18:52 05 Mar 2009

Maybe they're going in alphabetical order and I'll eventually be caught as well :@)

I find it hard to understand how a program downloaded and installed in July 2008 as a free program can suddenly trigger a change of behaviour.

rawprawn 20:39 05 Mar 2009

Cured it, after trying three system restore points I eventually used Acronis, and went back 1 week. All is now OK.
I suspected it was a registry change made by WinUtilities that I downloaded and ran. That is no longer on my machine.
Thank you for your interest,I think you will be safe.
RP

Sea Urchin 21:17 05 Mar 2009

..... I can rest easy in my bed tonight :@)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017