ami bios update

KPC 18:49 12 Nov 2005

we are trying to find if there is a bios update to the ami bios we already have which is AMI BIOS easy setup utilities ver 1.17.We have discovered that this motherboard is a giga-byte ga-6wmm. the bios version says 3.0c but god knows where this info was found because when we go into the bios setup, the heading above is at the top of the page. Does anybody know a site where we can find a upgrade.

we have tried gigabyte and ami site utility. It gave us this string 63-0316-119900-00101111-071595-whitney-1aacc080-h. Can anybody help.

Diodorus Siculus 19:05 12 Nov 2005

Does the GigaByte bios update from the GigaByte site work for that card?

Diodorus Siculus 19:06 12 Nov 2005
  bremner 19:07 12 Nov 2005

Unless the BIOS is unable to perform a requirement you have then updating the BIOS is a pointless and potentially hazardous exercise.

All the BIOS manufacturers say "Do not update unless you have to".

KPC 08:23 13 Nov 2005

Thanks very much for the information.Especially
Diodorus Siculus who has given details of the giga byte site. I myself has a asus motherboard where checking for the latest bios and updating it is a safe and effortless process. I do know the dangers of messing about with bios and like you say, if it works etc etc.I was pleased to discover that gigabyte have also got a live update utility and the update was done without a problem.....thanks again to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?