American Phone Connection

  stokiedan 11:06 07 Apr 2003

Could someone please tell what phone cable connector is used in the United States as i am visiting there soon and need to know if i need to buy an adapter. Is it the RJ11 type???

Best Regards,

  Lozzy 11:29 07 Apr 2003

I am currently in the states and your best bet is to buy a modem cable rather than an adaptor as the cable costs $3.99 at Circuit City (currently on offer) and the adaptor is $6.99.

  €dstow 15:13 07 Apr 2003

Don't know whether they still do them but, worth a try. Dixon's (!?!?!?!?!) used to sell a small kit of world wide phone plugs/sockets/adapters. It was only a fiver or so.


  SEASHANTY 15:22 07 Apr 2003

Check with a branch of "STAPLES". Being American owned they did have U.S. adapters on sale a while ago. Usually located in the larger retail parks but the last time I checked their website it only listed store locations and catalogue ordering facility. They don't list catalogue products on the website which is a bit unfortunate.

  €dstow 15:27 07 Apr 2003

Of course you can always get them at the airport.


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?