Amending File Name In Windows Media Player 10

AlanRLong50 20:29 10 Jan 2006

Hello and thank you for reading my query.I have been looking at the 'file name' in WMP 10 and noticed differences in the way they are portrayed against a track. For example, David Whitfields' 'Cara Mia' on the 'file name' is simply shown as 'Cara Mia.wma'. But on a later Barbra Streisand track it shows as 'Barbra Streisand Stoney End wma 192kbps'. On others,the file name is much longer. Is it possible to go into each individual cd file name and amend it without causing damage to it? If so,how do I modify a file name and ensure the track I amend still plays afterwards? Is it best left? Many of my folders have split contents in them. Most are complete, but a lot are not. When I open such files, some of the tracks are missing, but all of them play no matter where the computer filed them. Can you help me please? Thank you very much for your kind help if you can.

Zeppelyn 22:02 10 Jan 2006

Yes these can be amended, two ways to do it I use.

1 Open WMP and under view click Go To then Library. Select to list by artist or album etc. under All Music. Right click and select Edit.

2 Alternatively from View, select Go to Rip then in top right of screen you will see a "find album info" button.

ade.h 22:14 10 Jan 2006

Right-click on a track in the Now Playing pane and select Advanced Track Editor from the context menu. Lots of detailed parameters in there that you don't see in the details view of a music folder.

ade.h 22:16 10 Jan 2006

It's more detailed than the Advanced tab of a file's properties that you see when you right-click a file in a folder window. That's the other set of detailed parameters that you can fine tune.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017