Am I missing something?

golfpro 15:51 30 Jan 2003

I access PCA in the morning and come back two or three times or more during the day, I don't log off, but when I come back I have to log on again. It's not much hassel, but why does this happen?

Sir Radfordin™ 15:52 30 Jan 2003

If you close down the browser window it will automatically log you off.

Star5 20:48 30 Jan 2003

I have broadband and I close the browser without logging off. When I come back to the site (the same day) sometimes I do not have to log in again and some times I do. I wonder why that is?

Wes Tam ;-) 20:54 30 Jan 2003

Star5 I've been wondering the same thing.

Today after approx 2 hours I went straight back in, but other times after about 10 mins. I have to log in again.

golfpro 07:34 31 Jan 2003

Have you an answer on this one??

watchful 07:40 31 Jan 2003

You're missing a relevant thread title.

Lú-tzé 07:59 31 Jan 2003

One of the cookies on this site expires at the end of the session [read: when you close the browser] - obiously the log on one. The other, which remembers your email address / password does not expire.

Thus it is necessary to log in again.

Why it does not always happen though is something I don't know.

watchful 08:38 31 Jan 2003

That must be the answer because I'm set to delete temp. int. files when closing browser and I have to log in every time whether I've logged out or not.

golfpro 09:39 31 Jan 2003

I haven't touched a thing since the last time, and this time I got straight in STRANGE.

Lú-tzé 12:33 31 Jan 2003

golfpro - did you close your browser? If not, that would explain it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?