Am i covered

Bike-it 23:28 15 Aug 2010

I use the following programmes to keep all nasties at bay, is this enough?

Microsoft security essentials
Malwarebytes
Spywareblaster.
Ccleaner.

Oh anyone here use Iobit 360 what do you think of it?

MAJ 23:35 15 Aug 2010

Microsoft security essentials
Malwarebytes
Spywareblaster.
Ccleaner.

Those should keep most things at bay, remember to update frequently. I don't use Iobit 360.

birdface 09:06 16 Aug 2010

Are you covered.
probably not.
You need an Anti-Malware program that will give you full time protection.
Think about paying for the full version of Malwarebytes and you will be better protected.
I would also download WOT.That will warn you of bad sites before you open them and its free.
C Cleaner is a registry cleaner and does not protect your computer but does clear out old junk.

sunnystaines 09:21 16 Aug 2010

I like some iobit products especially ASC but recently given up on iobit360 for a while, like A2 it get bogs down in too many false positives, leaving you thinking am i infected or not.

does not get on well with my norton either.

birdface 09:49 16 Aug 2010

Hi.
Just picked this up from another forum about 2 minutes ago and it does not go down well with Norton.

click here

johndrew 10:22 16 Aug 2010

"You need an Anti-Malware program that will give you full time protection."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Microsoft security Essentials provides virus, spyware and malware protection click here, whilst Spywareblaster is designed to block anything that attempts access click here.

I accept there is no such thing as a single perfect package that will detect and/or block all threats - especially as they are being continually developed - but the assembly identified appears reasonably comprehensive to me.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:34 16 Aug 2010

Yes with that package your well covered.

birdface 10:41 16 Aug 2010

Very nice.
But hope you don't get any problems with it.
You have probably never been attacked while Browsing and I can assure you what you are suggesting will do you no good whatsoever.

MAJ 13:04 16 Aug 2010

I am quite partial to Malwarebytes(Mbam), I use it regularily to clean computers, it's well worth paying for the full version as buteman suggests, but I know a lot of users wont be bothered to. I don't use MSE but it has been getting some good reviews so I might try it out at some time. In the context of this thread, the free version of Mbam alongside Spywareblaster and MSE, which incidently does offer free real-time protection click here, should be fine for most surfing. I also use Superantispyware click here on my own computers, just in case. There is also a 'portable' version of SAS click here which runs from a USB memory stick, useful if malware prevents the full version running from the hard drive.

Woolwell 13:41 16 Aug 2010

I think that have you have is enough and I would not add iobit but I don't see any mention of a firewall.
As for being "attacked" when browsing - if there is a problem with a site my anti-virus quickly alerts me. The thing to remember is never click on suspect links and avoid these scan you computer for virus things.

sunnystaines 13:51 16 Aug 2010

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?