Alternatives to Outlook Express?

Bargee 17:59 16 May 2003

Hi, just wondering what other email writing & handling software might be available to replace Outlook Express. My problem with OE is that I can't configure my address book entries to use a specific email account ( I use 3), which would be really handy.

OK, I know I'm being lazy, but sometimes I forget to select the account I want to use & naturally OE uses my default account which can be irritating.

Any ideas?

Belatucadrus 18:10 16 May 2003

click here for a selection of alternatives from Incredimail to Eudora via Foxmail and some others. Should be something you like there.

Willow12 19:17 16 May 2003

I can't recommend Icredimail highly enough, and would advise anyone looking for a well set out and user friendly Email service to use that. Unfortunately I can't do a 'click here' for you as I don't know how people do that! But it is a free Download either through Incredimail's own site or Download.com

powerless 19:26 16 May 2003

click here for Incredimail.

Willow12 - http:// click here. com
- If you remove the spaces it will become a click here. Just copy the site adress or type it in your message and the forum will make it a click here

powerless 19:27 16 May 2003

http:// www. incredimail .com

Lú-tzé 20:40 16 May 2003

Try Calypso mail - free now or Becky mailer which is excellent - about US$40 from click here

I use Becky and it is really powerful and has an excellent user group on Yahoo.

Calypso can be found at click here

Neither are "gimicky" programs - they just do what they are supposed to do and do it well. Becky is very customisable and I cannot rate it highly enough.

Blitzer 23:47 16 May 2003

Very much a fan of Eudora myself. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?