Alternatives to Outlook?

wee eddie 10:13 04 Nov 2006

I may have a dieing Hard Drive and be needing to replace it.

I am running M$ Office Pro and the Disk Set that I have is an Upgrade. I cannot find the original set so will not be able to load it. I actually have little need for most of its facilities and will be happy to buy a copy of Ability, which I used in the early 90's and is quite sufficient for almost all my needs.

However, I would like to find a replacement for Outlook that will pick up & install, with a minimum of lost detail, my .pst files.

Any ideas? Freeware, Shareware, or "Paid For" will be considered. On line, Down-loadable, or on CD. I'm not fussy.

ArrGee 10:43 04 Nov 2006
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:46 04 Nov 2006

click here

Mozllia Thunderbird should beable to import emails from Outlook and read them. (Mozilla is free spend your money on a wee dram instead) click here

wee eddie 10:59 04 Nov 2006

It's the Diary and Contacts Set-up that cannot find a replacement for.

Belatucadrus 11:20 04 Nov 2006

You want a calendar/diary that integrates with Thunderbird, try Lightning click here

wee eddie 09:15 05 Nov 2006

that can pick-up all my stuff from the .pst file.

Not fussed about e-mail, there's a wealth of choice if it were just that.

Technotiger 09:24 05 Nov 2006

Hi, maybe you can find what you want here -

click here

Cheers

Belatucadrus 12:39 05 Nov 2006

As I understand it .pst is a proprietary file format used by outlook only, you could perhaps get round it by exporting as an .ics, .vcs, or .csv file, then import them into an alternative.

wee eddie 08:49 07 Nov 2006

I know that I read somewhere that there was a web based diary that could upload the .pst files.

Here's hoping that someone will know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?