Alternative to National Non Geographic phone nos?

Trikie 00:10 20 Jun 2005

My Blueyonder broadband and telephone package includes 24 hour free calls to all local and national phone numbers but not non-geographic, mobile, premium or international numbers.

This is becoming less and less useful as more and more companies use non-geographic numbers. I have seen reference to a website that gives the ordinary national number for a non-geographic one. Does anyone know of it?

Thanks

ayrmail 00:15 20 Jun 2005
  Trikie 01:06 20 Jun 2005

Thanks ayrmail - I've bookmarked that one.

Pooke 01:13 20 Jun 2005

bookmarked it also.....

badgery 08:23 20 Jun 2005

The 'saynoto 0870' is a good site, but not only to get alternative numbers - take time to read about this 0870 number scam which is affecting all of us - and costing us millions.
Eventually ALL companies will end up making you phone them on 0870 as it is far more costly than 'ordinary' numbers and gives them extra profit (why do you think they 'put you on hold' and play sweet music to you??). It is the biggest con in the UK today - but done so cleverly that nobody seems to notice!!

badgery 08:29 20 Jun 2005

0845 and 0870 are called 'premium rate' on BT's own website!
Local and National rate calls no longer exist, doesn't matter where in the UK you phone, same cost - except for 0870&0845 - which are extortion!

badgery 08:31 20 Jun 2005

0845 and 0870 are called 'premium rate' on BT's own website!
Local and National rate calls no longer exist, doesn't matter where in the UK you phone, same cost - except for 0870&0845 - which are extortion!

Graham ® 08:40 20 Jun 2005

Calls to 0870 numbers are charged at the National rate. The reason companies favour them is because they don't want to be seen as located in a small town.

If you can obtain a number for them which is a local call to you, then fair enough. Otherwise, dialling a national number instead of the 0870 number will not be cheaper.

BT site not working at the moment, so click here

Graham ® 08:43 20 Jun 2005

PS, 0845 numbers are Local Call rate.

Andsome 08:54 20 Jun 2005

Dialling a national number is MUCH cheaper than a national rate call for me. With my package with NTL I pay the line rental plus a flat rate of £15 per month for any geographical numbers anywhere in the UK. Particularly welcome for us as our bill used to average the line rental plus anything up to £32 per month.

Graham ® 12:00 20 Jun 2005

I missed the point about geographical numbers being cheaper, ie. included with some packages. I will stand in a corner for a while. I have a shelf to paint, anyhow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?