Alternative to Google search?

stlucia 20:05 08 Oct 2009

I recently got an email from someone who was interested in joining our model aircraft club. Using a Google search for clubs in our county he'd found a directory, I think, which had a reference to our web site. He then sent an email to info @ ourwebsite.

When, out of interest, I asked him which directory gave him the info, he couldn't remember. But he did paste into an email the text of what info the directory gave about our club. Problem is, some of the info is slightly wrong (including the email address) and I want to correct it.

I've done a Google search using some of the info from the cutting, including the incorrect email address, but it doesn't turn up anything about our club.

Any ideas how I can get a more targeted search, please? Any search engines better than Google for finding text within web sites?

stlucia 21:49 08 Oct 2009

Thanks, Marg7. I've Googled using the phrase he says he used, and all I get is several "club finder" type sites which give links to our own club web site -- which doesn't contain the incorrect info he showed in his email.

I've also tried your two links, using exact phrases from the unknown source, and they produce no match.

I think I'll leave it as one of life's mysteries, and not worry about it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?