An Alternative

MMH 01:19 01 Feb 2005

Could anybody advise me please, whether a more stable platform exists other than Windows which would also be compatible with Microsoft Office and If such an alternative exists?

end 01:22 01 Feb 2005

would ask which version of windows you are presently on and what the issues are with that version?

MMH 01:29 01 Feb 2005

I am running Windows Me, quite old computer Amd Athlon 1.1 with 256meg ram.

MMH 01:31 01 Feb 2005

Nearly for got to say every so often I get a build up of DLL errors I then have to reformat the drive and start from scratch as the computer refuses to load.. All crash mania just waiting to happen..

ACOLYTE 01:36 01 Feb 2005

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

There is a few not tried any of them but as asked whats the problem you have now?

MMH 01:50 01 Feb 2005

Thanks Acolyte you have given me a lot to work with. Just one final question. Do Linux based system work with Microsoft office or would I need start again?

If the answer is yes it is then a question of which Linux Application?

If the answer is no then i am back to the drawing board?

Belatucadrus 01:57 01 Feb 2005

click here for an alternative Office suite, comes in various flavours from Arabic to Zulu, available for Windows several Linux distros, Mac etc.

MMH 02:03 01 Feb 2005

Thankyou for that response but I actually wanted to know whether Microsoft Office was Compatible with Linux or even the Word or Excel files which I have plenty of.

end 02:06 01 Feb 2005

have you actually got a problem with Office and has Office been installed from an Original CD and not a "copy " of an original?

MMH 02:11 01 Feb 2005

I have the original package Office 2000. But I will be working on excel or word to find and error message pops up then I get kicked out the applications. I believe this is a different issue from the DLL problems I have with Windows ME. That is why asked if I use Microsoft Office on another platform other than Windows.

end 02:16 01 Feb 2005

??do you need help with Excel? if so I can ask someone to have a look for you ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Best Free Video Tutorials for Drawing and Painting

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie