An Alternative

MMH 01:19 01 Feb 2005

Could anybody advise me please, whether a more stable platform exists other than Windows which would also be compatible with Microsoft Office and If such an alternative exists?

end 01:22 01 Feb 2005

would ask which version of windows you are presently on and what the issues are with that version?

MMH 01:29 01 Feb 2005

I am running Windows Me, quite old computer Amd Athlon 1.1 with 256meg ram.

MMH 01:31 01 Feb 2005

Nearly for got to say every so often I get a build up of DLL errors I then have to reformat the drive and start from scratch as the computer refuses to load.. All crash mania just waiting to happen..

ACOLYTE 01:36 01 Feb 2005

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

There is a few not tried any of them but as asked whats the problem you have now?

MMH 01:50 01 Feb 2005

Thanks Acolyte you have given me a lot to work with. Just one final question. Do Linux based system work with Microsoft office or would I need start again?

If the answer is yes it is then a question of which Linux Application?

If the answer is no then i am back to the drawing board?

Belatucadrus 01:57 01 Feb 2005

click here for an alternative Office suite, comes in various flavours from Arabic to Zulu, available for Windows several Linux distros, Mac etc.

MMH 02:03 01 Feb 2005

Thankyou for that response but I actually wanted to know whether Microsoft Office was Compatible with Linux or even the Word or Excel files which I have plenty of.

end 02:06 01 Feb 2005

have you actually got a problem with Office and has Office been installed from an Original CD and not a "copy " of an original?

MMH 02:11 01 Feb 2005

I have the original package Office 2000. But I will be working on excel or word to find and error message pops up then I get kicked out the applications. I believe this is a different issue from the DLL problems I have with Windows ME. That is why asked if I use Microsoft Office on another platform other than Windows.

end 02:16 01 Feb 2005

??do you need help with Excel? if so I can ask someone to have a look for you ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017