Altering swf file

gerriecah 18:59 10 May 2008

I have a banner created in Flash 8 and I wish to change some of the scenes. There are eight pics forming the banner, switching from 1 to 8 then looping again, repeating. This is in an .swf file but I cannot get it opened to alter the titles of the pics I want to change. When I attempt to open the file, the program just runs the banner pics.

How can I get into the source file to change the titles, or do I have to re-write the whole Banner ???

Gerriecah

Ditch999 19:55 10 May 2008

Did you not create the file with a programme like Macromedia or Adobe and save it? The swf file is an export file, the same way a DVD file is an export of an avi file. You need to find the original project/file and amend it then export it as an swf file again.

gerriecah 10:07 11 May 2008

Thanks Ditch999 for your response. The banner was created using Flash 8 but the original file that was saved has been lost thru crash, and I do realise that the .swf file is the product of the original saved file, and now I only have the .swf file to try to recover the original, that is why I hoped there is a way to disassemble the .swf file. But it appears that I will just have to write another banner file. Oh well, good practice !!

Thanks once more for your assistance.

Gerricah

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017