all pictures

iqs 17:17 12 May 2004

hi..i would like to view all the pictures on the hard drive.apparently if you type a specific word or character/s,all will be revealed ?.can anyone assist.
thanks
iqs

Pesala 17:26 12 May 2004

I don't know how you would do it in one operation. From the Start, Search dialogue you can search the hard drive for all images of a particular file type, e.g. JPG, BMP, WMF, PCX, PNG, TIF, ICO, etc., but there are lots of different image types. Just check the file types box on the search dialogue and see the long list of file types that is displayed: there may be more than a hundred - not only images.

Irfan View's click here thumbnail browser will help you browse your disk manually, showing all supported images, but that would take ages on most hard drives.

cycoze 19:03 12 May 2004

If you want to search for all specific file types , bring up search and use a wildcard before the extension ie:- *.jpg or *.bmp etc for all the different picture file types you have.

Audeal 19:42 12 May 2004

I often use PicViewer to view the pictures on a single drive. There is a 30 day trial version on their website.

I do have an old version which I would not be without on my system in spite of having Irfanview on my system.

You can take a look at it here.
click here

iqs 14:26 13 May 2004

thank you for all your replies.very helpful.best regards
iqs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017