all in one printers

mickeyplum 13:31 05 Aug 2010

I am thinking about buying an all in one printer. I have an Epson C84 at the moment and this is on my desk as well as a scanner and all the rest fo the computor stuff. I thought it might safe space and be a little more tidier. I am looking to spend about £50 - £75 on the new printer - anyone any ideas which is the best value.

Terry Brown 13:42 05 Aug 2010

I have been using HP 'All in one' devices for quite a few years, and have had very little problems.

Depending on the usage you require (i.e. Mainly text documents, Photo scanning, Web page prining etc), Compare the cost of printing per page (colour and mono) Cost of cartridges and pages printable, and pages per minute) For a better estimate reduce manuafacturers guide by 20%), and the quality of the print you require, to get a better understanding of what it is your require.

Hope this helps
Terry

rawprawn 15:20 05 Aug 2010

I have been usinb a Brother All In One printer for a long time with no problems.
click here
To see the newer model of the one I use.

mickeyplum 18:07 05 Aug 2010

Thanks for the rplies. The Brother seems a little too expensive for what I had in mind though. I have been told that Canon is very good. As i have always been satisfied with my Epson printer I had wondered whether Epson all in ones would be the answer.

wiz-king 18:08 05 Aug 2010

I have 5 Brothers of various ages at work and home starting with a DCP-135 going up to DCP-385c
all are working well and are reasonable on ink costs. spec click here

shellship 18:41 05 Aug 2010

I had a much loved HP PSC for many years until it eventually sadly died on me. My wife has had two HPs and all have been fine. I got an all singing Canon MP 990 which is great for printing, copying and scanning but awful on ink - see long post in Consumerwatch.

SB23 18:48 05 Aug 2010

I've had a HP all in one for just over a year now, and it is brilliant. Overall print quality is very good, although it can be adjusted, but even set at "quick print" everything printed, or copied is good.
Best of all, ink is easy to get hold of, and cheap, and trust me, to me thats important.

Steve

robin_x 20:37 05 Aug 2010

I changed from a Lex All in One to a PIXMA All in One last year when I upgraded to W7.

Not sure I like it now, have to disable ink monitor after first refill.

Check this forum for all printer issues.

click here

gazzaho 04:35 06 Aug 2010

I have a Canon MP610 and it works fine for me. I've only just started using refill inks as the genuine ones can be expensive and I've had no problem refilling the cartridges, the ink level monitor doesn't work after the refill but it prints fine.

I've owned 2 HP all-in-ones and had problems with both, one wouldn't use the default settings for paper, it kept insisting on using A5 photo paper as default even though I never used the paper! Tech support couldn't help and when I uninstalled it I couldn't get rid of some HP services running in the background, all HP tech support could offer to remove them was Revo which I tried without success.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?